“Peace of Mind Coverage”
We’ll Save You Money on Umbrella Insurance
A personal umbrella policy is one of the best insurance purchases an individual can make! Sometimes called peace-of-mind coverage, the umbrella policy is extra protection against large liability claims. While your underlying home and auto policies provide liability protection, the coverage may not be enough should you face a catastrophic liability claim. Personal liability lawsuits have become much more common in recent years, and courts are awarding larger verdicts. A personal umbrella policy provides worldwide liability coverage over and above the liability coverage provided by primary home and auto policies.
A personal umbrella policy not only increases the limits applicable with your basic liability coverage (home and auto), it might also cover you in situations that may not be covered under your basic policy such as libel, slander, defamation of character, invasion of privacy.
Since no one can predict how much a judge may award the injured person, umbrella insurance is not just for the wealthy anymore, but a needed protection for every policyholder.
Just a few examples of activities which might increase your exposure to lawsuits, thus furthering your need for a personal umbrella policy, include:
- Owning your own home
- Operating an automobile, boat, or sport vehicle
- New drivers in the household
- Owning a swimming pool, hot tub, trampoline
- Living “on the water” where someone could be injured, drown, etc.
- Pets or other animals that might injure someone
- Conducting business from the home (a commercial umbrella might also be needed here)
- Being a high profile member of your community
- Entertaining for a relatively inexpensive premium, our personal umbrella policy, with limits ranging from $1 million to $5 million, completes your package of insurance protection.
This protection is designed to “kick-in” when the liability on other current policies has been exhausted. Having the added protection of a liability umbrella policy is coverage no one should go without.